• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finally Pictures!!!

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Yep its true! Finally stole the camera from my girlfriend to get some pictures of the tegus and the bed/cage for you guys/girls. Here they are, enjoy!

TegusandSarah024.jpg

TegusandSarah023.jpg

Right side
TegusandSarah025.jpg

Left side
TegusandSarah026.jpg

Inside cage on the right side looking to left
TegusandSarah043.jpg

Inside cage on the left side looking to right
TegusandSarah042.jpg

Here are some of the tegus, the red was sleeping but Alice was out
TegusandSarah035.jpg

TegusandSarah029.jpg

TegusandSarah041.jpg

Here you can see the Red sleeping
TegusandSarah048.jpg

Please excuse the crap quality, I took them in a real quick span.

Spencer

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome looking setup and tegus Spencer, looks like you are doing everything right. :)

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! :) This place is like a Home away from Home to me LOL

crimsonrazac said:
Schnab said:
Hey, I couldn't help but notice your tegu dosen't have a fork tung XD

I think the tips of the tounge are under the chin in the pic :shock:

i could be wrong

Oh know Alice does have a fork tongue lol I think I just got the picture when the tongue was just about to go back in her mouth

Schnab

5 Year Member
Wow, I've been fooled. But it really does look like she has a flat ol' tung though.

Oh well, their still cool looking.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
No actually, but the plants haven't been in there very long. Today actually I saw the Red on top of the Banana plant and it held out fine. The plants are holding out really well though.

Spencer

nivek5225

5 Year Member
Nice enclosure! I'm going to be building an enclosure soon, so I have some questions. What kind of wood is that made from? What did you do for the inside, looks like some kind of tile or linoleum sheets or something?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Yes its lino sheet flooring I bought, it was cut at the store though. It was really expensive though to cover the whole cage so unless you only plan on going 1.5' tall I wouldn't recommend covering the whole inside. It cost me $220 CAN! :O

I believe I used spruce. It holding fine and I think spruce is fine for reptiles, I have yet to read anything bad and all my reptiles have climbed over the top/other pieces and are fine.

I suggest for areas the tegu won't be touching, like for example the roof and top sections of the walls to use corrugated plastic. Its water proof, cheap and comes in 8'x4' sheets.

Spencer

nivek5225

5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
I suggest for areas the tegu won't be touching, like for example the roof and top sections of the walls to use corrugated plastic. Its water proof, cheap and comes in 8'x4' sheets.
Why do you only suggest it for areas the tegu won't be touching?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I've read it is pretty easy to cut apart and I think a tegu would be able to claw at it enough to make a hole for water to get to the wood. I plan on testing it though with the point of a knife when I start building the four 8'x4'x2' cages.

Also don't put the light hanging right from the plastic, it melts a mid 90's (I think!) so watch out.

Spencer

nivek5225

5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
I've read it is pretty easy to cut apart and I think a tegu would be able to claw at it enough to make a hole for water to get to the wood. I plan on testing it though with the point of a knife when I start building the four 8'x4'x2' cages.

Also don't put the light hanging right from the plastic, it melts a mid 90's (I think!) so watch out.

Spencer
Do you know where you can get it and how much it costs about?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
You should be able to find it at a large chain hardware store; like here in Canada Home Depot has it. I'm not sure if the USA has Home Depot or not though lol

I think it's usually in the $20 range for a 8'x4' sheet.

Spencer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan