• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

finally some piictures to see

roastedspleen

heres some pictures of my ball... finally
[attachment=3869]
[attachment=3870]
[attachment=3871]
[attachment=3872]
[attachment=3873]
[attachment=3873]
[attachment=3874]

sorry some of the pics are fuzzy

Attachments

• 100_0196.JPG
    100_0196.JPG
    724.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0197.JPG
    100_0197.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0199.JPG
    100_0199.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0202.JPG
    100_0202.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0206.JPG
    100_0206.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0203.JPG
    100_0203.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0207.JPG
    100_0207.JPG
    828.4 KB · Views: 2

roastedspleen

65 gallon. the hides and water dish may seem horrendously huge but i went out and bought a smaller one which i place inside the larger one.
im getting a sterlite tub for him and im probably going to sell the tank.

Reptile_fever

It seems like he's in shed,if so let him be & bump the humidity to 80%.tall tanks & bp's don't do to well! Im not trying to rag on you.Example.. Last year i also got into a bp frenzy.But gave a bumble bee male to my sister 280grams & also a orange ghost to my sister in law 240grams!! My sister kept heres in a 55g,my in law in a 20.They both had heating pads & lights.My sister brought back the bumble bee,i weighed him he's 357grams was refusing his meals,or only wants small items.my in laws weighs at 609 gram!! Oh i feed my sisters snake today in front of here,1st time i've feed him since i had him!He ate 2 medium rats...they are simple to care.good luck to you & your bp,i hope i didn't offend any one!
Jose

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Even though a lot of the pics are out of focus you can still see that it looks dry. As if it's getting ready to shed or still has some retained. It doesn't have that smooth sheen a snake that sheds clean would have. The 1st and 4th pic also looks like it may have eye caps as well. The skin is tight around the eyes which all point to humidity and possibly hydration issues.

Crunchy skin = dehydration, improper humidity, getting ready to shed or retained shed.

roastedspleen

his eye caps are stuck and wont come of which is making me worry if he could go blind from it

i just noticed that my typing is crap....

he already shed the last of his skin a few days ago but the eye caps are stuck

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you using to heat the enclosure? If you're having difficulty keeping the humidity up in the tank, use a humid hide until you switch to a tub.

As long as they have proper humidity to keep the shed moist and from drying out, with something a little coarse to rub up against they'll remove what's stuck on their own.

In the future check the sheds for any missing pieces. So that you can catch and fix the issue right away, by soaking or bumping up the humidity a bit.

Reptile_fever

If the shed doesn't come out get a small bin with lid poke few lil holes,put some warm water in it about three quarters of an inch high,put him in there for about 20 minutes it should help some of the shed,dry skin on a bp eye cap is no joke!Try some tinfoil on the screen top,with cut out for the lights of coarse! Get a hygrometer to help you maintain proper humidity to care for your bp & a temp gun!

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
A bath with a little of Zilla's Shed-Ease works wonders, and Zoo Med's Repti Shedding Aid is great as well. Mr. S has never been a terribly good shedder and it caused him some fairly serious health problems when he was young. Do what you can now to ensure you snake has good shedding habits so you two can share the maximum amount of time together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029