• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fish Organs food??

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
My friend and I were fishing and caught some specs and and mullet( for organs) and I was curious if fish liver was ok to feed as well as beef liver. And we also found premature eggs while cleaning them and I have heard that they super nutritious. Is this so because I was looking at the food list and it said nothing specifically about fish organs. :chin Thanks in advance.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
venomvipe I Feed my GUs fish chopped up. but i think you can try to feed them some little of everything is good. balanced diet.
JD

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
But will the fish egg sacs be ok? They were from Speckled trout and red fish so they cant be toxic can they? I really dont want my tegu to get sick.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Your tegu should be fine with redfish roe or trout roe, garfish roe is toxic, there may be others also.

...Jefroka

redlizard5

5 Year Member
my b/w s are too little to eat anything but small goldfish and an occasional little bluegill .but, my red boy has eaten who;e trout at times

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Fish produce thiaminase which breaks down vit B1 in their viceral organs. Different species produce different amounts (goldfish are known producers and high in fat). Be sure to supplement with a multi-vitamin to counteract.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
There's is a pic of the liver and egg sacs. If food for your reptile( generaly speaking) is thawed then frozen again, is ok to feed? Ive been wondering this as I have a ball python and someties she does not eat. I was wondering if could refreeze because it was not thawed for more than 20 minutes. What is the rule of thumb for this? Thanks guys.
o1940651.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980