• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

fish

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I breed SA/CA fish and often have "unlimited" supplies I can use as Tegu food... When I spoke to Bobby about using fish as a staple food he suggested about 1/3 of his diet be fish, absolutely no more than 1/2...

Be aware that fish creates very oily waste...

herpgirl2510

Be aware that fish creates very oily waste...

God it is awful enough just regular.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=8361#ixzz1OCwk9FjR

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use Jack Dempseys (Rocio Octofasciata ) and Geos (Geophagus Steindachneri)... Which are Central and South American Cichlids...

Their physical make us is very similar to Tilapia. Tilapia are West African Cichlids of similar bodily make up...

Whole fish is better than only the meat, though using meat only is still a valuable food source.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've fed mine a few different kinds, tuna, talapia, rockfish, flounder, a few others I'm sure. I usually just get whatever is on sale and stock up on it...

stef

ok but in france i not found these fish...
we have red fish or "carpe, goujon, gardon.." it's not easy ...

montana

Sounds like gold fish ....

Not the best ...

You should be able to get [silver sides] from where they sell tropical fish ... They come frozen in flats and are sold for food for large tropical fish ... They are basically inexpensive....

I can see NO reason to feed your animal live fish .....

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ohh were you meaning fish in general or fish for aquariums? I got them from grocery stores, fish people would eat lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980