• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Flies in my water?!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I check on Apollo once every 2 days to make sure all is ok in his tank while he hibernates. Today I checked to see about 20 dead litte flies in his water bowl, they haven't been there before and I changed his water yesterday morning. What should I do? I replaced the water. Should I wake him back up, replace his cypress mulch? It's only about a month old cypress, so I'm trying to figure out how they got there. Some strange looking bug was in my Pacman's cage yesterday but before I could get it out, Krumm smashed it down his gullet like anything else.

COWHER

5 Year Member
do you feed fruit? my tegu if he doesn't eat all the fruit he buries it and i have to go find it. maybe it attracted fruit flies? i would clean the cypress. but thats just my guess hope it helps :? :roll: :lol: :lol:

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Sometimes my cypress comes with little tiny eggs in it I mean super tiny and they are the little fly eggs almost like a fruit fly or something they are super small and what happens is while my cypress is drying out in my cage they will hatch and I will have a few flying around my enclosure for a week or two but once my cypress dries completely out they die off and they are no threat to my tegu this might be what you have in your cypress.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
AB^ said:
Fruitflies?

Looks like it. Apollo doesn't eat fruit and if he did he doesn't eat it in his tank. I really don't wanna wake him cuz I want him to bump uglies with a red at some point.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would not worry about the gnats, however, was the bug you speak of a black beetle?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029