• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

food and water dishes?

fluxlizard

5 Year Member
What do you guys use for food and water containers for adult tegus? I have 3 adults that I acquired this spring and they constantly tip their food and water containers over, making a huge mess. This wasn't such a problem in their outdoor terrarium, but I've moved them in for the fall and now it is a real headache.

For that matter- do you guys provide a water container large enough for soaking or just for drinking? I've been using a large animal water dish that isn't easily tipped from the feed store (maybe made for large dogs or something- about 22" across and 6" deep) but the larger male gets his nose up under it and dumps it upside down! He's strong!

I'm thinking of drilling some holes in the sides of some plastic shoe boxes and wiring them into the sides of the cage so they can't tip them, but I thought I'd check what you guys do first...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan