• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Food enrichment

Guman

Do any of the Tegu owners on here use food puzzles for their lizards? I think small kongs might be fun for the tegus to explore.

Gary

Mine loves chasing large dubia roaches. He plays with them kind of like a cat! I use them as a treat as I don’t want him going full hunter mode :)

Guman

The dubia's will envoke the natural respones if hunting. Other puzzles that could be fun is hanging their food and making them use something like a seesaw to reach it. However we can keep their mind busy.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm also intrested to how we can keep thier minds active and create reasons for them to be more active so would also welcome any ideas??

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, mine spend about seven months outside with lots of room.I pile f/t mice on a tray but not the full amont. The rest I scatter here and yonder for them to tongue-flick and search.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
see I'll be lucky if Alpha will get 2 month outside.....lol....plus hes not too confident to free roam in the house, he just tends to hide but I suppose he is very young still.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't worry walter I know ..... I'm haven't got much experience in herps but I've got plenty of experience in other animals I've had over the years and have always being praised for their relaxed temprements.... so I know to be patient and build trust and loyalty.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't worry walter I know ..... I'm haven't got much experience in herps but I've got plenty of experience in other animals I've had over the years and have always being praised for their relaxed temprements.... so I know to be patient and build trust and loyalty.
No doubt, Alpha's in good hands!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980