• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Found these balls in tegu cage.

MrExotic

Yea with a new bag you won’t have to worry about freezeing it it should be good to use fresh out the bag just be sure the cage is clean and he taken a good warm soak in the tub before putting him back in there for you know everything it the tank is clean and fresh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrExotic

She will be fine she just have to get used to bath time and if it’s any mites on her they will come off thoes probably aren’t wood mites wood mites are small little white bugs

JohnGinnIII

Yea I honestly see no bugs. And I checked all over. No white bugs only occasional fruit flies. And the moss that I use when I open it up and dump it I automatically see those little eggs. When i pop them its liquid inside of them.

MrExotic

Yea man I’m happy she’s good to I was kinda worrying to lol but I’m also experienced with sicknesses and mite problems so I would of guided you all the way to safety [emoji23]

dpjm

5 Year Member
I can almost 100% guarantee those are slow release fertilizer balls. Mite eggs would be tiny tiny tiny, you would not see them without a microscope.

Kaiju Prince

Got this from home depot

So those balls you found are actually a slow release fertilizer that miracle grow puts in most of their soil formulas. Great for plants but not for tegus. No matter how much you bake or freeze the stuff it won’t get rid of them, if anything it will cause the shells to break and release the fertilizer. I would definitely recommend getting an organic peat moss because once those balls break down your gonna have a ton of plant fertilizer in your enclosure and that’s not good for your tegu to be digging around in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980