• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Frankenstein cage

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
hey i just thought id let u know i am revamping my 6x2 cage that has been out of commision for almost a year and turning it into Ferrari's new home. i kno u are all gunna say i should give an 8x3, but this is what i have for now until he really ougrows it. plus all he does is sleep in there lol ill post pics tomo

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I know this isn't me scene to say something rude, but what's with everyone these days depriving their tegu's of their proper housing needs?

nat

5 Year Member
I don't think Eddie's tegu is an adult, so I am not so sure that 6 by 2 isn't adaquate for the time being... just thought I would throw that out there in case people are assuming that he is putting an adult into a 6 by 2

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
I don't see the point in building these undersized cages either. The final one just gets put off indefinitely. A tegu can live in a 6 by 2, not happily, but enough to convince the owner that it doesn't matter.

nat

5 Year Member
again, I don't think he is building one, just revamping one... I think we are jumping on someone way to prematurely here! I have tons of enclosures of all shapes and sizes in my shed and I upped my tegu from one to another until she was big enough to be moved into her final enclosure. I think anyone who has a large reptile collection has done the exact same thing one time or another.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
hey thanks nat! correct my tegu is not a fullsized tegu. he is only 18" long. he will go in this cage until my slowly but surely permanent cage is done. the only reason i havent started the big one yet is b/c my dad is willing to give me an unused section of the basement to create a zoo-like terrarium provided i keep the tegu for a while. so, all rudeness aside, please hear the fullstory before jumping to conclusions.

(just an additional note, i'm not trying to be rude or mean, just stating a valid point, thank you)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan