• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Future Colouration?

Godspeed

5 Year Member
Well. I am newbie here and I am a red tegu keeper.
I bought this young red tegu called Pompadour recently.
He is around 1 year old and around 60-62cm in length by now.

He got very pale pinky and grey-sh body colour.
I don't know how he will change his body colour in the future.

Anyone got similar coloured tegu and can you tell how s/he changed as adult?

*I selected these pictures below that are the most closest colour with the real colour of my tegu.

1018200814mr7.jpg

[
10122008fn4.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That isn't a very common colored Tegu!! I still think it's a Red/B&W hybrid. We'll wait and see what Bobby (Varnyard) has to say later in the week.

I'm guessing it will stay very similar to how it looks now, just double in length.

Godspeed

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
That isn't a very common colored Tegu!! I still think it's a Red/B&W hybrid. We'll wait and see what Bobby (Varnyard) has to say later in the week.

I'm guessing it will stay very similar to how it looks now, just double in length.

If it was a hybrid between B&W and Red tegu, I am happy.
Because here in Japan, everybody including the shop which I bought this tegu says the tegu has strangely pale body colouration.
I hope the colour stay in the future or get more whilte on the head! lol

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I think you may get your wish. The white tends to brighten with age. Along with the red. I'm with Dave. I think it is a cross. I have seen pic and yours looks similar. But yours has less Black than the ones . I have seen in pics. It's for sure odd and very cool looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan