• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Future Tegu Owner! Here to Learn

Shuggaskullsweetie

My name is Shawna. I am 33 years old, live in FL and am new to the Herp community. I currently own 3 bearded dragons, a corn snake and am getting a jeweled Lacerta this weekend. My ultimate goal is to own a black and white tegu. I am here to learn all I can about them before getting one! It's a commitment and I want to ensure it has the best life possible!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and you already have an advantage going into this by already having other herps. Easier that way.

Begin to think- hatchling or older, red, argie, or Columbian.

loweryrr

Welcome to the site. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We are glad to help. I think argentine tegus are one of the easier lizards to keep as far as food requirements and temperament go. Its easier for me to buy food at the grocery store for her to eat than to keep a ton of bugs around the house.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very good and bad breeders out there. My own experience with Argies has been/is with Rodney of Tegusonly. Mostly rehomes wildcaughts from S. Fl.

Mine do not bite and have curious dispositions.

Take your time, read, ask questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.