• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

garbage disposal/arg-blk&wht tegu

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
out of all the reptiles i have owned and cared for from monitors to pythons i cant believe how much my teg eats, i mean it eats more then my 3 kids do. one day it might just want to eat one of my kids. i am going through fuzzies,ground turkey,eggs,and fish like crazy.. my wife dosnt believe me when i tell her one day it will stop growing,every morning it seems to double in size..

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
lol, i know what you mean...i dont see how they can fit so much food in their stomaches it blows my mind. and are u cooking your eggs or feeding them raw? same with fish are you using live fish in his water bowl or what....just curious cause im a bit new to this. mine goes under his multch every day but hes deff up every morning till the afternoon waiting for his food :D

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
hey omgtaylorg good to have you on board with us, i hard boil my tegu eggs, its easter at my house every week from all the eggs he eats,the fish i catch because i live in san diego and go fishing every other weekend or so,,,

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
thanks, i love the site. and yea ive basically been feeding mine fuzzy mice every other day and superworms with ground turkey every other day, just been switching off and its starting to burn a whole in my pocket :D so the eggs would deff be more affordable than the mice every other day and i heard u can get the feeder goldfish and put them in the water bowl so i thought id try that out too. but yea you can look at my tegu, got like 15 pics total posted in the b&w discussion thread

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
the mice are a good for him/her very healthy food, maybe use egg in place of the worms, i dont feed insects anymore, im sure some will say thats bad but to me insects are not all that filling and like you said you need lots and lots of them,, one thing maybe to think about is how unhealthy gold fish are,,the most diseased fish full of bacteria and things that your not even supposed to put gold fish with any other fish due to high levels of bacteria they carry contaminates the water and kills other fresh water fish,, cheap fish from the super market or even just some other cheap fish from a pet store but i would stay away from gold fish,, just my opinon,,take care!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan