• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Getting a Tegu Cage

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Okay. So, since i'm pretty sure the tegu i'll be getting this week from Bobby will outgrow the temporary rubbermaid bin i have for him really fast... i'm going to go ahead and order an 8 x 3 cage now from boamaster, so that i can pick it up at the reptile show in raleigh at the end of august. Should only be about 500 dollars, and i really like the smaller one i got from them for my boa. here's some of the pics of that model they have on their site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boamaster.com/EnlargedCage.asp?itemid=18">http://www.boamaster.com/EnlargedCage.asp?itemid=18</a><!-- m --> It looks pretty roomy, and the door doesn't come all the way down to the bottom, so maybe the substrate won't spill out every time i open it, ha!

Anyway... i plan on, when i get it and get it all set up, moving the Teg into it. The only thing is, is it okay for a little baby to be in such a big enclosure? If i put lots of small hiding places in there, will that keep him from getting stressed?

Also.. i have a small-ish uv light tube and a heat lamp to use while the teg is staying in the rubbermaid container.. but i think when i move him to the big enclosure, i'll use a powersun so i can have it all-in-one. What wattage powersun would you reccomend for an 8 x 3 enclosure?

AB^

5 Year Member
the tegu wont mind the space, the space will not stress it out. However, you'll have a hell of a time finding your tegu in that size cage, you might consider partitioning it in half to make finding the little guy easier on you.

Gx3

5 Year Member
As long as you can keep the humidity and temps right in the tank i'd say the bigger the better. I use the 160W powersun and would recommend it.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
i believe tboamaster will make a devider for it if you wish aswell.

they told me they could make that same tank able to seperate in half for moving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me