• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Getting up an appetite?

Jer723

5 Year Member
Hey guys. i havent been on here for a looooong while. its been so slow between winter, school, and having no gus to hang out with. My tegus both of them went down for hibernation in about August so theyve been down for 6 months. hoping theyll crawl out soon enough! I know my female Tequila will come out of hibernation charging for food. but my boy Tico, since the day i got him hes always had a horrible appetite. and i know for sure he doesnt have parasites, hes growing a little slower but hes doing fine. Is there any way possible i can get his appetite up. all he ever wants to eat are mice, and he will only eat them if they are covered in raw egg. which is quite a hassle because if he doesnt want it. you cant refreeze it. But really my question is. how can i get my gus appetite up? Thanks for any help you guys can give. i really appreciate it.

Jerry

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
my female nero was kind of a picky eater, she was more partial to boiled eggs and telapia. what i did was find what she likes mix it with other foods and now there is NOTHING she wouldnt eat.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Our Tegus like to eat different things but sometimes I still feed them this carnivore diet. I mix it up with some ground turkey and some warm water so it doesn't turn out to be to dry. Hope this helps. You can get that stuff at your vet. It doesn't cost that much and you need just a little bit of it so it will last you for a while.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/resources/dyn/files/133793/_fn/Carnivore+Care+spec.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/resou ... e+spec.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Jer723

5 Year Member
thank you guys, i will definately go and get that stuff from the vet. i hope my tegu likes it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan