• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

getting wild tegu to eat non live preyprey

spartan103

First an introduction, I just received a wild Florida tegu from Rodney Irwin, the lizard can quickly with proper box marking a little nose rub but overall happy healthy and tame.
IMG_20150413_082711070.jpg IMG_20150412_131319312.jpg IMG_20150412_124924643.jpg

Now his first day home from a 1 1/2 day trip he at a small amount t of turkey fruit meatball with organic natural honey drizzled on top to entice him, its Ben 3 days he is refusing to eat tried honey again he just eagerly licked it all off. I know in the wild he probably ate alligator eggs, small game, and stuff I'd like to feed non live to save money taming difficulties and so I can assure a balanced diet every time what should I do? Egg yolk?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Try different things. Mine like egg yolk the way we like ketchup on things. No reason not to try frozen/thawed rat pups or hoppers in a bowl with other food, even a cracked egg. He looks very healthy, no surprise coming from Rodney, so he may simply not be very hungry. So, tempt him with a few things for choice and don't worry. If hungry, he'll eat. BTW, sharp contrasts in his color.

mine from rodney eats egg(hard and soft boiled, and scrambled), ground turkey, livers, gizzards, hearts, baby pre killed ducks i ordered,quail, rodents, tilapia is his favorite fish but others too, shrimp(i prefer head on) snail, crawdads, and some fruits he isnt as fond of. try meats mainly first then work into fruits

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980