• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

glass/glass track

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

For those of you with large custom cages, I would like to ask approximately how much you paied for the glass/glass track. I went to a local glass store today and was quoted nearly $500 for my two tanks... with 29''x69'' openings for the glass....
The price seems much higher than I expected for glass (1/4Ã?¢ââ??‰â??¢Ã?¢ââ??‰â??¢) What do you guys think? Does anyone have a recommendation where to buy glass/track either online or in southern California?

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
I got my two sheets from home depot for 20-30 dollars each I believe. They obviously don't have the tracks for it but I just made some wooden tracks for pennies. You can either smooth out the edges on the glass or put something like painters tape around the edges if you want to save money. The tape works perfect and the glass doesn't cut into the wood at all.

I guess it really depends on how fancy you want to go. You can see a picture of what i did in the enclosures section, should be near the top of the page.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Thanks for your replies, the track doesn't have to be fancy at all, won't be able to see it :) I just don't want to pay $500 for glass :!: Looks like its time to start calling other local stores :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029