• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Going on 8 months!?!?!

corruptphantasm

My gu has been hibernating for almost 8 months its been over seven he went in back in early September. Its my first tegu(Varnyard hatching last year) so im not sure if this is normal or what i should do or if there is a way to wake him up but from what i have read over countless hours researching they normally hibernate 5-7 months. so what should i do ive been as patient as i can but the worry is getting to me.

Is there a way to wake him up?

should i wait a little longer?

or could i at least check on him somehow?

I'm sure you all understand what im going through first tegu first year hibernating.

TeguLouie

mine is also a 11 varnyard, i woke mine up at about 5 months. i started by turning his light on for a couple hours a day for about a week. then a few hours more after about two weeks he was coming out every other day and his light was on for 12 and 12. i fed him in his cage with extra calcium since obviously he hadnt been getting any and after about another week i started taking him out to feed him. he has been awake for about 5 weeks and has groun 4-5 inches. thats how i woke mine up because i was getting worrried as well. i would periodically lift his waterbowl and check to make sure he was breathing the etire time he was out. im not going to say this is the right way and others may say it was bad but i know he woke up just fine, growing like a weed and didnt seem to be mad at me for disturbing him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu