• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gold Tegu - FUNGUS?

ReptileAddictions

5 Year Member
I have a rather large tegu (male). Other than the feet and underside of tail appears healthy, eats, ect, even allows me to put meds on. I have had him since he was 6 total inches, is well over 24 now. His habitat was eco earth and new zeland spagnum. I kept an eye on the humidity, but am thinking this is a fungus that has developed? I have treated the last week with tea tree oil (seen in pics) and neosporin on one toe that was bleeding. And put him on paper towels. It has dried up per say and several layers of scabbing have fallen off, but he still looks a mess. I am going to call the vet on monday if I cant find some expert advice here. Any help is much appreciated
THANKS

20100124_4172.jpg

20100124_4170.jpg

20100124_4169.jpg

20100124_4171.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If it is fungal, then the Neosporin won't help a bit. An athlete's foot cream would work better, along with a drier environment. It definitely looks to be a sort of dermatitis. The vet can help you determine if it is fungal or bacterial.

ReptileAddictions

5 Year Member
I only used neosporin on one toe that was bleeding a little, I was using tea tree oil for the rest of it, and keeping him on papertowls............I guess i may have to call the vet

Marlene

5 Year Member
I would definitly go to a vet to see what they think it is and continue to leave it on paper towel bedding until things clear up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan