• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Golden Tegu owner!

Who has a tame tegu

• I do

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I'm thinking of getting one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ItzBing

23inches and tamed already. Very smart already.
Snapchat-510113975.jpg
20190207_145702.jpg

GinaF

I have a golden tegu also. My daughter got him at a Herp show and he was wild caught and not tame at all. She was scared of him and gave him to me. I've been reading a lot and working with him. He still hates me. Lol. Any tips?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Most Colombian Tegus (golden or white) are wild caught (WC). An important consideration in their response to you and an enclosure.

Most importantly, they must associate you positively or at least as a neutrally.

Remember that time is on your side.

I keep argies. Some others here do well with Colombians, most notably Alpha. We all want you to succeed.

GinaF

Thank you! Even in the last few days he is doing better. He is eating better also. He likes to be talked to and I even sing to him. Soft and slow is the key with him. No hissing or biting the last two days! He's even walking to my hand today and licking but not biting thankfully!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you! Even in the last few days he is doing better. He is eating better also. He likes to be talked to and I even sing to him. Soft and slow is the key with him. No hissing or biting the last two days! He's even walking to my hand today and licking but not biting thankfully!
Nice going. Slow. Easy.

ItzBing

I have a golden tegu also. My daughter got him at a Herp show and he was wild caught and not tame at all. She was scared of him and gave him to me. I've been reading a lot and working with him. He still hates me. Lol. Any tips?
Spend a lot of time with it in a small space so it can get to know you they are pretty awesome!

ItzBing

take your time, work with them and they can be really nice. because they are ussually wc they tend to be a little on the wild side. Good luck:)
Very true, but I have learned that by letting him smell my hand right as I put it in the enclosure he knows it’s mommy and is fine, he is two now an I had him since 6 months but it’s SO worth it, don’t let people discourage you saying goldens are NUTS cuz they can be craycray but they have sweet moments once they learn you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam