• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got another Gu

Chris & Stitches

So yesterday was a super lucky day, especially for my new tegu.... her name is Stella , but anyways, my brother came by my place yesterday and we were fantasizing about if I was to get another tegu upon the opportunity.i told him I would if it wasn’t small because I wouldn’t want to go through feeding crickets again.anyways a couple hours later a guy that met my brother at a gun show months ago called him to see if he was into exotic animals..... he said he had 5 tegus in the backseat and a gator in the trunk and was about an hour from our area.i was pretty worried about the whole situation but we went and met the guy and all the poor lizards were in rough shape.ive never seen tegus so skinny and injured to say the least.so I explained that there was no way anyone could sell those lizards for 200 each and I agreed to take Stella for 100 since she was the biggest and best of the bunch. I did a quick finger and toe count and made sure both of her eyes worked and her tongue was all there, she has some messed up areas on her scales and she’s very thin and flabby.i gave her a good scrub in the bath and put coconut oil on her to hopefully help her scales start healing. She was more than happy going into a 4x7 with Stitches and she ate two mice last night.stitches nabbed the last one today so I will get more tomorrow. I’m really hoping she will fatten up quick she looks like she should be a bit bigger than stitches but she is almost 1/2 pound less than him.she is very friendly but easy to spook. Stitches has been all over her and acting much different today.hes picking himself up tall when he walks and he usually is a bit more lazy postured.lol must be trying to look attractive for the new lady.anyways I will update eventually.stitches has been doing amazing by the way

In the photos you can clearly tell my thick healthy stitches apart from Stella.he is more black and white and she has a darker tint to her

Attachments

• DAEC7774-CBF6-4694-B8BD-1FB07C8F4EEC.jpeg
    DAEC7774-CBF6-4694-B8BD-1FB07C8F4EEC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 764524EF-7DCF-4F84-9994-3935EDBEF5AC.jpeg
    764524EF-7DCF-4F84-9994-3935EDBEF5AC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • D433BCEC-CCDB-48D3-8689-5D1FD13B57C3.jpeg
    D433BCEC-CCDB-48D3-8689-5D1FD13B57C3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 6F92D41C-F37F-4791-A0A7-93D64E5E314E.jpeg
    6F92D41C-F37F-4791-A0A7-93D64E5E314E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 00219784-B59A-49DD-9B30-9BA25D94CF63.jpeg
    00219784-B59A-49DD-9B30-9BA25D94CF63.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • F84646DE-14DE-4FC7-9AC7-FBA6419C4C63.jpeg
    F84646DE-14DE-4FC7-9AC7-FBA6419C4C63.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
She's def skinny, I hope she starts to get back to a healthy weight! Glad you were able to get her. She's very lucky!

Chris & Stitches

Thanks Debita, hope you and your lizards are well.she hasn’t eaten anything since the two mice the day I got her.they have ten baby rats and a bunch of other stuff available every day so hopefully she gains an appetite.she has some small abrasions here and there but she isn’t quite calm enough for me to oil and neosporin her good.she did let me hold her for about 3 minutes today just out in the open.other than that she likes being held in a shirt or covering for the most part.shes very nice though

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
You'll be great with her - and she'll pick up your other Tegus' "vibe" that you're safe and can be trusted. I know how much you love them....I lost my female in a very quirky accident where she drown in the bath tub. I think she got pinned by my male and when I went to check on them I was too late for her. I blamed myself horribly, and felt terrible for a month when I couldn't turn back time. Haven't decided if I want to get another one for now.....we'll see.

Chris & Stitches

You'll be great with her - and she'll pick up your other Tegus' "vibe" that you're safe and can be trusted. I know how much you love them....I lost my female in a very quirky accident where she drown in the bath tub. I think she got pinned by my male and when I went to check on them I was too late for her. I blamed myself horribly, and felt terrible for a month when I couldn't turn back time. Haven't decided if I want to get another one for now.....we'll see.

D: I am truly heartbroken to hear that... :( I have a realistic flowing creek in their home but it has no area more than 1.5 inches deep so I hope nothing goes wrong. She does watch curiously when he interacts with me

Zyn

You didn’t happen to do a month or two of quarantine did you, so that she didn’t accidentally get your other gu sick ?if she is wild caught and she looks it she could expose him to parasites, or viruses he’s never been exposed to has a captive breed animal. It’s good practice to always quarantine new reptiles for at least a month completely separated.

Chris & Stitches

That I did not do.she seems to be healing very fast I just put triple antibiotic on her every other day or so.i should have kept them seperate but they really enjoy each other’s presence and if I take one out, after about 30 minutes the other starts persistently trying to escape until I either take them to the others location, or return the missing lizard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus