• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Grand Cayman Hybrid Brac Iguana

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Arrives tomorrow, male and probed. Got him from David Blair. One of his last 2 '09 males.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
How big is he?

I think David said he's around 2ft, can't recall. I picked the slightly larger male, even though he's missing less than an inch of his tail, and missing half a toe. Both males were the same price but I picked him - gives character. I'll post pics when he gets in.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
is he selling anymore?

Here's his website: http://www.herpnut.com/page.php?page=home

I believe he still has one has 09 male left, but he's got a few other species as well as a few females, not too sure. The iguana came in great, I'm going to take the pictures now and post them up. He sent me a certificate and the egg the iguana hatched out of in 09!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are some pics. I didn't take too many as I don't want to stress him out after a trip in a box. Handling will begin in a week or so. After speaking with David for a while, I decided to go with a tile substrate of some sort or whatever it's called - can't remember, it's pretty nice as it will keep his nails short and David said it'd be fine. I'm using Robk's Walgreens style fogger to pump humidity in and everything seems to be going great. He already ate with no problems, so I'm more than satisfied with what I got.

img2012031300189.jpg
By tegubuzz at 2012-03-13[/img]

img2012031300190.jpg

By tegubuzz at 2012-03-13

Still gotta get some more bricks/rocks to line the walls. He's in a 4x3 which I'm turning into an 8x3 - and by summer or so I'll have an outdoor enclosure ready for him to stay out there - then I'd bring him back in when that passes. He'll eventually live outside permanently when he's large enough.

Compnerd7

AWESOME. He looks dope, congrats! I was waiting for the pics since yesterday haha. Can't want to see more of him when he is settled in.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea he took a crap and I'm gonna clean it up once he crashes, he sure is a boss. Ate his plate of food and prior to that he smeared his crap on some of the rocks.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
another thing you could do to bring up the humidity is buy one of those air stones and put in in his water bowl. i tried it with a few cages of mine and it really cranks it up. 80 to 90% depending on the cage and how sealed it is.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He looks awesome, nice color patterns and very healthy, lol now do you see why I reccomended newspaper, they crap alot

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
He looks awesome, nice color patterns and very healthy, lol now do you see why I reccomended newspaper, they crap alot

Yea he's definitely loaded. Real nice looking too.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
another thing you could do to bring up the humidity is buy one of those air stones and put in in his water bowl. i tried it with a few cages of mine and it really cranks it up. 80 to 90% depending on the cage and how sealed it is.

I plan on buying those tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

RobK.

Tile is easy to clean and there is enough abrasion to help keep their nails short . Plus i like the look of tile , BUT it sure does add weight . That's why i built the floor on my new cage as strong as i did .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980