• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from Canada!!!!

Degrooter

5 Year Member
Thought id better introduce myself before I bombard you guys with questions :lol: . Ive been into reptiles for about 5 years now and ive finally decided to go for my goal of a large pet lizard. Of course the obvious choice is a tegu ;) lol. In the past i've owned/currently own leopard geckos, crested geckos, a beardie and a veiled chameleon. That being said, please dont mind my noob questions :mrgreen: . Also, the site is great, ive already got some great information!
Caleb
Ps: Any fellow canadians on here?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Canucks were better when they had Markus Naslund, or however you spell his name. I don't watch hockey often so I wouldn't know much about it (I'm from Canada as well!) lol.

So like Tux said Welcome and I'm one of those fellow Canucks.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, we were all beginners at one point in time. Some of them even saw dinosaurs roam! *cough*Bobby*cough* :grno

Spencer

P.S Maple Leafs Suck! :mrgreen:

Schnab

5 Year Member
Welcome! I'm from Canada too. :app Don't worry about asking too many questions, owning your first tegu is quite the learning experiance.

Did you decide on what species of tegu you wanna get?

Degrooter

5 Year Member
I'm planning on getting a couple of reds so that when I get some more experience I can attempt breeding them. Personally I find reds to be the most attractive. Any Canadian breeders?
Caleb

Tux

5 Year Member
I'm working on procuring some of varnyard stock this season, their are a couple tegu sellers in canada like port credit pets but I can't seem to find who the breeders actually are.

Schnab

5 Year Member
Unless port credit pets breeds them themselves... but other then that, I don't know where they come from.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I wish I could go, I'm stuck at home. At least I'll be doing something worth while! Building tegu cages! :)

By the way, Tux I don't think I ever got a thanks for letting you know about them :p lol

I'm waiting for the Ottawa expos. To bad I won't be able to buy any tegus at those expos, tegus are illegal in Ottawa.

Spencer

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Schnab said:
Just my luck. I'm in Ottawa :(

Hey Pink, can you let me know of any up coming expos in Ottawa?

The location our new Ottawa home is the

Travelodge Ottawa Hotel & Conference Centre
1376 Carling Ave
Ottawa, ON
K1Z 7L5

The dates are; April 19 and October 04

I got all that from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reptilescanada.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reptilescanada.com</a><!-- m -->

There is also a expo in Montreal on March 22 and October 25.

Spencer

Degrooter

5 Year Member
The expo should be great as usual and now that I got tegus on the brain I'll be looking around for good suppliers for the very near future! But ya, it should be a great start to the new year.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PICT0009-2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980