• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from the Great Inland Sea!

Male or female?

• Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beasty

5 Year Member
Hi folks!
I've been lurking for a couple days waiting on my new Red Tegu.
"He" just got here this morning hand delivered by his "Mom" to my door with all his toys and favorite foods. Dresden is what "he " was named but I'd like to get him probed just to be certain Dresden isn't really Debbie! ;) At any rate, here's some pix!

redtegu1fix.jpg

redtegu2fix.jpg

redtegu3fix.jpg

redtegu4fix.jpg

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the board! Can't tell if it's male or female from just the pics though. How old is it? Size? You could try looking for the cloacal spurs located at the base of the tail. They look like a tiny raised button on either side.

Beasty

5 Year Member
It's supposedly 1 year old (bought last year at this time at Wasatch Reptile Expo) and about 20+ inches long total. I'll have to check for spurs, news to me.

Beasty

5 Year Member
8) Yes sir! She said she went and spent ALL this money getting it out fitted and such and by the end of the same month she had a nice box of dirt napping lizard. So from November to February he was down. That's one way to save on electric and food as well for that matter! :lol:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, the lack of spurs would mean it's a female. But it could still be too small to tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.