• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings

avin13

Hello Everyone I have been lurking the forums for a good week. Anyways just wana say hi I dont own a tegu yet but am in the process, been doing some research and debating on what type I want. Anyways figure I say hi and get to know some members plan on staying around for a while.

G

Welcome!! I don't have mine yet either (they're going to hatch at the end of this month), so don't feel bad. ;)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WELL WELCOME ABOARD, im sure you will enjoy your stay and will learn tons from everyone here. btw there is no perfect tegu they are all perfect lol good luck!

avin13

@Nordica- I probably wont get one until next year:( I really want one from Varnyard I have heared nothing but wonderful things about his Tegus but it seems he is sold out on the ones I want.

@reptastic-Ya this site is amazing loaded with information all my questions seem to be answered with stickys or previous post everyone seems friendly and more than willing on helping one another which is great! I know they are all special I had my heart set on a B&W but after looking at a couple pics of the reds I may be leaning towards on getting one! Who knows we will see I first need to buy/set up a enclosure before I get my little fellow.

DMBizeau

Welcome to the forum.

Bobby is sold out of Reds and All Americans but has a few Extremes left I think. What kind of tegu were you looking for? You really can't go wrong with a black and white or an extreme if you have the money and can't wait another year for a red lol.

DMBizeau

From my experience these are my favorites in order:
Extreme/All American ~ tie
Blue
B&W
Red

And anything Bobby breeds is top of the line, we have a couple members who breed some gorgeous blues as well which Bobby doesn't breed.

You really can't go wrong with an extreme though you won't regret it.

avin13

Haha the thing is with me everyday I kinda change my mind I may end up flipping a coin between them anyways. I guess my interest level goes as Bw, Red, and All American. I kinda wana see how the All American adult turn out color wise I know they will be amazing but want something that I really enjoy. What is the main thing that separates the extreme giant from the rest aside from the size. And now after reading your post DMB I kinda want a Extreme haha

I don't mind waiting a year I rather be prepared then rushing to get things in order. I also would rather get a tegu that I really want then settling for a different species. Also the biggest thing that is setting me back atm is that I live in San Diego but visiting some family in San Fransisco and wont be back home until August 20th. So no point in reserving one when I wont be home.
I am keeping my fingers cross hoping Bobby may have some left over when I get back

Regarding the blue I believe reading they are the smallest amongst the tegus and would like something fairly large.

Last thing im 20 years old and still live with my parents so I wont have enough room for two adult enclosures and my mom has a hard time grasping that im gonna buy a lizard that will grow 4+ft

G

Welcome from me, too... even though I am a newbie in here myself.

I understand why you are hooked on a red - and don't understand why you are tempted by the others. Hehe. Guess it is easy to gess which tegu I have myself ;)

I am (way) past 20 and my parents still don't understand what I am doing keeping so many reptiles. Half of my friends think I am crazy, too, but nevermind. Reptiles are wonderful and I am sure you will love having a tegu around! :)

G

Welcome! You'll definitely find lots of information and people willing to help you here :D

avin13

Thanks for all the greetings I have actually decided to get a red tegu now just have to wait a year:( ohhh the joy

G

I actually had a hard time figuring out if I wanted a b/w or a red. Tegus are not easy to find here in Denmark so I thought I had to wait for years to get one...

Finding a red for sale out of the blue was how I made up my mind - or it was actually made up for me since it was a red I found first ;)

I will never regret getting my red tegu - I have a lot of lizards/dragons and reptiles, but my red tegu is so special and is my no. 1 :)

Nevermind you waiting a year - I am sure you won't regret the wait ;)

avin13

Wow nice find on your red man you must have been super stoked when you took the lil fellow home. Ya I don't mind the wait it will make the arrival much more exciting. It also gives me time to mess with building and designing the enclosure :-D

G

Well, I have some friends with both b/w and red tegus - if I had not found this one I could have gotten some hatchlings from them once they get some. But it could still be years of waiting.

Actually I got mine about a month ago - (s)he is 3 years old so not very little at all even though (s)he is not fully grown eather.
I had to re-arrange all my other animals in order to get the biggest enclosure for my tegu 'cause I had no time building one before I got it home. I wasn't expecting to find one for sale, so I had not planned anything ahead. But I sure did get busy planning once I had made arrangements with the previous owner :lol:

I'll start building completely new enclosures for most of my animals next week. My tegu will also get a better and bigger enclosure then :)

I am waiting for some animals to arrive at my place, too, and I know how it feels like to wait and wait and wait... It can be torture, but once they arrive it feels like Christmas instead :woot

DMBizeau

My All American is one of the larger ones around that pictures are being posted of anyway. His color has been changing alot as he grows and I am also looking forward to what he ends up looking like. You can't go wrong with any of them really, but don't be suprised if you change your mind. There is no way I could wait a year for my first tegu lol. :grno . I have 2 or 3 more giant babies coming this year and I can't even wait the 3 weeks for them to get here!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You see with tegus its hard trying to choose the 'BEST" one, im more partial to the b/w's but i love the reds, the extremes and blues too. they all have there quirks that make them special but they all make great pets. im very excited to see my extreme giant grow up. ill be getting some reds from bobby next season, i hope they turn out as red as pyro was. and im considering getting 1 or 2 blues from dave this season if i can get everything to gether by november\december.

avin13

Haha ya it's getting harder by the day I am currently visiting some family and really don't have much to do so I have been constantly reading the forums and looking at pictures for the past week.

I am really hoping that Bobby may have some left over reds who knows I sent him a message and he told me he has around 800 eggs hatching so I think I may get a good chance we will see.

But the reason why I have my heart set on a red is because I saw a picture of Bobby's red on the forums and it reminded me of Charizard. Pokemon was the **** back in the day for me after seeing that picture I took a little trip down memory lane and felt like a child for a couple of seconds haha. But who knows maybe next week it will be a extreme or All american.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me