• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

GRRR

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So Boon got his first kink somehow in the last inch of his tail. There's no breakage or tear in skin but when I gently run his tail through my hand I can feel where it is more than see it. Sometimes he'll be chilling and it looks straight as an arrow, other times that last 1/2 inch bends off at about 40 degrees. I know it's not uncommon in tegus but i'm still kind of mad at the little sucker :)

I'm guessing the cartilege or whatever is in his tail broke or just fractured and is not attached inside(hence sometimes straight, othertimes bent). Will it re-attach inside or should I keep an eye out for him dropping it? Any precautionary measures I need to take or just let it ride?

chriz

5 Year Member
hay i had that with my b n w i added calcium/no phosphorus
n the kink went with in the month hope this helps u

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me