• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

had to move and woke her up

savagesage

So I had to move apartments and unfortunately the move woke Dixie out of her hibernation. she went right back to sleep, and wasn't seen the next day, but this morning she was out basking. will she go back into hibernation? I'm concerned

Reptiles tend to go into bruhmation which is a type of hibernation but instead of going down totally they still will come out and bask and drink every now and then but will sleep most of the time and cut down the food intake. But she should be fine I don't think it's going to affect her at all.

Marcvptegu

My red has been "bruhmating" since sept sometime. I also had to move him. He woke up. And then back out as soon I left him alone. But I have been noticing him up an out now again when the temp goes up to the 75 to 80s. But it hasn't really affected him.

savagesage

yea she tried to start coming out everyday but I lowered the temp and turned the lights out and she went back to sleep and haven't seen her since.

savagesage

I want her to sleep as It helps in the breeding cycle as its natural to the lizard. I used to speak to Bert of Agama International about it all the time, he always recommended that tegus hibernate if they should choose too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029