• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Shannah Stimmel

Hi guys, I have a few questions... my tegu is leaving white caulky messes everywhere. She doesnt really poop (and when she does its VERY loose and watery). I took her to the vet and got some meds for some parasites (she came from a pet store). I hoped it would help with this, but it doesnt seem to have done anythin . Thoughts? Also, she is about 7 months old and weights 4.2lbs (according to the last vet appt) that seems very large. Can you post some pics of "healthy " looking tegus. I want to compare her size to some others and see if she is overweight... thanks for the help!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Let's start with what are you feeding her? This can explain a lot.

Shannah Stimmel

Hi. Thanks for the help

She gets ground turkey, beef liver, chicken breast, steak (sometimes) quail eggs, mice and greens. I have chicks coming... I feed here when she gets up, usually around noon or 1. Shes a little slow right now, but get active when she sees food. Some days she doesnt get up. Any other info I can tell you?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Could be from eggs. I would avoid chicks for similar reason. Try whole frozen/thawed mice. Dust heavily with calcium powder and add fish oil every other meal or so and see how that goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980