• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
My new blue and red cross was running around in my bathroom and I went to get him to return him to his cage I picked him up and he ran up to my shoulder.I opened the door and one of my dogs was there and scared the new baby and he jumped off my shoulder.I shut the door again and turned around expecting to see the little one hiding behind the toilet but instead he was laying on his back completely still.I picked him up and put him in a towel and he rolled onto his back again.
Naturally I was scared,I put him in his cage on his belly to call the vet and he tried to run away and he couldn't move his legs and dragged them behind him.
By this time I am in tears and praying he'll be ok.
Going to the vet now. :cry:

Brat!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear but I think you may be in the clear! My brother's beardie did that once. The black lab he has jumped on the bed and scared the bejesus out of the beardie and he like fell/jumped/rolled on his back. I rolled him over and he did it again. We flipped out and rolled him back over and he drug his back legs. In about 30 minutes he was back to normal. It was like he had a seizure or something.

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
my hamster (and other's that i know of) have done that.

my uncle dropped my old hamster from about 2 feet onto a tile floor and it just layed there for a while on its back, everyone thought it was dead. finally it started slightly moving, then after about 30 minutes it was back to running around like crazy.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thats never happend to me.. But it kinda sounds like a broken back.. But hopeful your little guy was just scared!!!!!
Good luck! hope everything turns out ok!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As much as I hate to say it, I must agree with Lexi. I think he might have broken his back. I do hope I am wrong and I hope he turns out to be ok though. Thats sad, just sad.

Swtbrat, keep us posted, I hope he is ok.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
As much as I hate to say it, I must agree with Lexi. I think he might have broken his back. I do hope I am wrong and I hope he turns out to be ok though. Thats sad, just sad.

Swtbrat, keep us posted, I hope he is ok.

Oh man i sure do hope not!!!!

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I drove to the Vet,its over an hour away.I had him wrapped up in a towel and talked to him the whole way there and stroked his head. :cry: I was so scared.I get to the Vet and I explain everything and the Vet looks very concerned which scared me even more.I get in the room and place the towel on the table,the Vet opens the towel and picks him up and he jumped onto the table and ran using ALL 4 LEGS! :roll:
I was so happy but mad at the same time. LOL
He did xrays and said it appears he got stunned but he was acting like he had a broken back.
He said football players sometimes get hit and can't move their legs for a few hours,so he said thats probably what happened.
Whew,I am so relieved.

This is exactly what I love about our Tegu community,Caring and concern for our babies and their caregivers.
Thank you all for your concern.

Also he now has a name,no matter if he is a he or a her,his name is JOKER!

Brat!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
haha clever name. I am so glad he/she turned out safe. It would of been such a shame to lose one so early. No cliff diving from now on!!!!

olympus

5 Year Member
That's good to hear I'm happy for you. His name should be hammer or steel for his strength, but joker is nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029