• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

He doesn't like me.

Butterflieslies

5 Year Member
My new little guy is staying down alot. I'm not sure if I'm just missing him though. He has a dish of mealies that has slowly been emptying so I guess he's still eating. This morning when I got up I caught him basking on top of his favorite Tshirt. When he saw me he started breathing heavy and his back legs started twitching. I guess he still doesn't like me. I know I'm not supposed to disturb him in his hiding spots, and now that he seems to be getting ready for hibernation I guess I have to wait to socialize him until next year right? What can I do?

Butterflieslies

5 Year Member
Any suggestions since he's not going to be awake alot anymore? I mean when I saw him out more before I would put my hand in the tank and let him just go about his business without me bothering him and then sometimes if he was calm I would pick him up just enough that my hand was like a cm from the ground. Sometimes he'd sit there for a little bit other times he would immediately slink off of my hand and hide. What else can I be doing?

burke0000

5 Year Member
Butterflieslies said:
Any suggestions since he's not going to be awake alot anymore? I mean when I saw him out more before I would put my hand in the tank and let him just go about his business without me bothering him and then sometimes if he was calm I would pick him up just enough that my hand was like a cm from the ground. Sometimes he'd sit there for a little bit other times he would immediately slink off of my hand and hide. What else can I be doing?

Ya my blk and white extreme giant does the exact same thing as yours. Actually I cant even hold mine at all. I put my hand in the cage and starts to breathe really heavy and then spazzes out and runs away. I still have found anything to help. So your not alone at least!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980