• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Health Questions

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Godzilla isnt doing the best. Her skin looks pretty bad, but Im working on trying to get it better. On that topic I got her some fish oil pills. I wanted to know if what I got was ok for her. All I could find was Fish Oil (which said its from anchovies and sardiens) Is it better to get Cod Fish Oil? Or is it better to get Cod Liver Oil?

She just came out of hybernation about a month ago. She is walking about, basking, drinking and eating. She will eat fish and frozen mice, and rarely will eat some kiwi if I dont feed her for a few days. I have noticed that she hasnt pooped yet. She will go to the bathroom, but only liquid comes out, nothing solid. She isnt overly fat looking, but she did eat at least 2 small mice and some fish slices. Should I be worried, or does it take a while to start up the digestion?

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Bathe her almost every day. Shes almost 3 years old now, and has always gotten a bath at least 2 times a week, and has never pooped in the tub.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cod liver oil comes from the liver of Cod fish so it has more vitamins than regular fish oil. There are different ways to get them to poop, for mine anyway. First is a bath with warm water. Even if not a bath then just letting them sit under the shower with the water focused on their hips. Second is sunbathing, they always poop shortly after being outside. Third (I don't like doing this one much, get weird looks from Tsuk sometimes) is a butt rub. Which is just running my hand back and fourth right over his hips and base of the tail. He'll arch his back and enjoy it for a while then a potty session usually follows no matter where he is. But for me when I need to make them go for what ever reason water usually works, inside or outside doesn't matter. When outside sunbathing, he's holding on to it and I'm not trying to sit outside all day and or have other things to do I poor some water over his hips and potties right after. Making them swim (supervised of course) also helps besides exercise it encourages bowel movements. It engages their abdominal muscles, they go through the same motions as pooping just without the legs.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Woo hoo Godzilla poop!! Oh wait... that sounds weird! ;) :p
Glad she finally got it out! How is she looking and acting now? Back to normal, I hope?

Aardbark

5 Year Member
She is eating and pooping like normal, so thats good. Her skin is still really crappy, but Im hopeing not that she is up and active, it will get better.

marydd

You should try rubbing her with coconut oil. I give my gu a nice rub down every few weeks. I let her sit in the tub with it on for awhile then give her a soak. When you take them out they still have the oil on them so watch your cloths. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan