• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Heat lamp at night?

Dallen33

5 Year Member
I have 3 lights on my tank...a red heat bulb a UVB florescent and a normal heat bulb. My question is whether or not i should leave the red heat bulb on at night.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are the temps in your house at night? What are the temps in the enclosure at night with it on? For the most part it is unnecessary.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
i would say just leave the heat bulb not the red! its possible the red light could irritate the eyes.-- not proven just a thought!!

BOOZER

5 Year Member
BOOZER said:
i would say just leave the heat bulb not the red! its possible the red light could irritate the eyes.-- not proven just a thought!!
there are no red lights at nite in tha wild!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I like to leave a ceramic heater on during the night if I think it will be cold in the house. They don't put out any light so it doesn't mess with the tegu's sleep cycle.

BOOZER said:
its like i'm talking to myself hahahahahaha!

:rasp

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As long as it is not dropping below 50*F I would not have any heat in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me