• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

heating a tegu cage.

bojackson

5 Year Member
i cave a Columbian tegu with a pretty simple set up and i was wondering if it would be a good idea to keep a low watt heating bulb in the opposite side of the cage just to make sure that it doesn't get to cold on that side. on the other side is a basking light that stays about 105.

AB^

5 Year Member
It really depends on the temps of the cool side of the cage but generally I would say not to add any heat to the cooler side.

angelrose

5 Year Member
hi bojackson and :welc to tegutalk forum. I do not use any heat bulbs on the cool end and she's a happy teguixin.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For a Tegu i think thats fine...night time temps are sopose to drop.

sillysallie

5 Year Member
well hey guys! this is actually my boyfriend so we are talking about the same tegu But the only reason that it stays that warm at night is because we leave his basking light on at night too. we know that we are not supposed to but we haven't found another way to keep it keep it at a decent temp at night

AB^

5 Year Member
I use a room heater in the room my reptiles are in if it gets too cool. you could also use a heat emitter/night bulb on a thermostat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me