• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello All!

Mike M.

My name is Mike and Im from Texas. I have a full grown Argentine Red and Argentine Black and White. I also have one of their cousins a baby Caiman Lizard.

Those are not my only reptiles either, I have an adult Iguana, 2 beardies, a Spiney tail Iguana, 2 cresties, a leopard gecko, Vailed Chameleon, crocodile skink and armadillo lizard. My wife has a Savannah, Red Ackie, Rankins Dragon, Ornate Uro, leopard gecko, Fire skink, panther gecko and a panther chameleon.

My tegu experience started with adopting the Red Argentine from a reletive and I feel in love with them and got another one, the black and white.

This is actually my first community to join, and I am looking foward to growing my knowledge in tegus.

Mike M.

We started off keeping the reptiles in the computer room with my wife's and my desk. Needless to say it got a little crowded, what once was 2 beardies and a good size iguana kinda took off to new highs. My wife packed her stuff up and moved to the guest bed room that now has been converted to her computer room/reptile room and I have my own computer/reptile room. Now the hobby is spilling into our living room and enclosed attached patio for the big Tegu, and I am working on modding a walk in closet for the Iguana.

To start off, here are the Tegus and Caiman.

Caiman Lizard - Tick-Tock
tick tock.jpg

Chacoan Black and White - Calysto
calysto.jpg

Argentine Red - Hera
hera.jpg

Attachments

• hera.jpg
    hera.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 6
  • calysto.jpg
    calysto.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 5
  • tick tock.jpg
    tick tock.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Mike M.

And the rest of my gang, I have slowed down on adding any more at this time (well that is if I am still looking for a desert iguana) and am currently focusing on improving their habitats now.

Booger and Snot - the Cresties
Jinx - the leopard
Kharma - the (Veild) Chameleon
Leo - the Green Iguana (was a rescue reptile)
Loki and Laura - the Beardies (both rescued and filling out great) (disclaimer, the pic of Laura is in a small tank due to Her encloser getting damaged and I was in the middle of setting up a new one)
Morgana - the Spiney Tailed Iguana
Smaug - the Armadillo Lizard
Toothless - the White eye Croc Skink

Attachments

• booger and snot.jpg
    booger and snot.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 14
  • jinx.jpg
    jinx.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 15
  • kharma.jpg
    kharma.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
  • loki.jpg
    loki.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • laura.jpg
    laura.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12
  • morgana.jpg
    morgana.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • smaug.jpg
    smaug.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • toothless.jpg
    toothless.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • leo.png
    leo.png
    570.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Mike M.

And my wifes

Aeries - the panther gecko
Drako - the Rankins Dragon
Jade - the rainbow skink
Jensen - the Ackie
Katana - the Savannah
unamed - Uromystx

Not in pictures is her Panther Chameleon - did not have one on my phone.

Attachments

• aeries.jpg
    aeries.jpg
    868.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Drako.jpg
    Drako.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • ja.jpg
    ja.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
  • Jensen Acki.jpg
    Jensen Acki.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • katana.jpg
    katana.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 12
  • uro.jpg
    uro.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for sharing. Dude, the Caiman lizard is impressive. I like how they are such excellent swimmers. I don't think tegus can swim as well as them. I probably will add one of those to my collection sometime soon.

Mike M.

Thanks for sharing. Dude, the Caiman lizard is impressive. I like how they are such excellent swimmers. I don't think tegus can swim as well as them. I probably will add one of those to my collection sometime soon.

Thank you, the caiman is awesome. I have him in a 75 gallon right now that is about 60 water 40% land that is about 10 in deep. It's fun watching him swim. Like Tegus he lives to burrow too.

If you get one make sure it's cb or cbb and is eating hopefully something besides snails (they are hard to get in my area).

Jrock23

Welcome mike.. I most say you and your wife have a beautiful collection, glad to have you and I love forward to reading your ideal or past issues and knowledge..

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Great collection. I have a soft spot for green iguanas. Leo's beautiful.

Mike M.

Great collection. I have a soft spot for green iguanas. Leo's beautiful.
Thank you. He was a rescue from a guy that had no Idea what he was doing. The guy was afraid to hold him and led to only feeding him once a week he said. Leo is doing alot better now, He's fatting up good, color is returning and thinks he's king. I'll let him out of the inclosure for free roaming in my room and he climbs the tallest thing and just watches everything. He's tamed down quite alot to, I'll open the door and he comes to me and climbs my shoulder.

I too have a soft spot for them, A green Iggy was my first reptile when I was a kid and had him for about 15 years before he passed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me