• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello All

SirTyrion

Hello everyone I am knew to the community and this is Tyrion my Red Tegu. Figured it would be a good idea to join if I ever have questions since I am a relatively new owner.

Attachments

• 20160828_141022.jpg
    20160828_141022.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

Jake lerch

Hello! Awesome Red! One thing i first learned with mine, im not sure if others will agree, is that those woods chips can be harmful if swallowed. Thats why i use soft coco fiber.

SirTyrion

I do have a mix in there I have considered switching it all over to soil&sand mix or just the coco husk but he hasn't seemed to have any problems so far and I usually feed outside of his enclosure.

Jake lerch

I do have a mix in there I have considered switching it all over to soil&sand mix or just the coco husk but he hasn't seemed to have any problems so far and I usually feed outside of his enclosure.
Awesome. With feeding her outside then you shouldnt have a problem.

SirTyrion

yea he seems pretty content with his new enclosure I just built will unfortunately have to build a bigger one latter don't think I made this one deep enough he sure loves to burrow

Jake lerch

You know, im not sure. I was told its an Arg. It may be a mix. To me, it looks more Arg. Either way, AWESOME animal. So rewarding once they trust you. And of course, so cool to look at. She has the spots of golden brown a long tho top and her stomach is an amzing pattern of black and extreme white.

SirTyrion

she is a very good looking girl indeed my guy is still young and isn't fond of being handled so much he enjoys chin rubs when he wants them. considered trying to wear gloves to get him use to being held he messes me up with his claws

Jake lerch

The claw marks only get worse. Haha. Which is why i use welders gloves. The ones you can see in the pic are good. I am going to get ones that are tighter around the forearm. How do you get him out of the cage?

SirTyrion

He will walk onto my hand or I can pick him up it comes to when HE doesn't want to be held and becomes a terror that I get messed up lol

Jake lerch

He will walk onto my hand or I can pick him up it comes to when HE doesn't want to be held and becomes a terror that I get messed up lol
Thats nice that he is already walking onto your hand. Be careful of picking it up from above. They cant really see too much that way so it will really startle him.

SirTyrion

No I always let him know my hand is there and place it in front of him placing one hand under his chest and another at his back legs. this only works when he's in the mood for it though.

Jake lerch

No I always let him know my hand is there and place it in front of him placing one hand under his chest and another at his back legs. this only works when he's in the mood for it though.
Awesome. Ya they can be moody. The more you interact, the better. And they do get easier as they grow. I think most people will agree with that. Although, the bites can be nastier and thats why i use gloves. Always.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan