• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello Folks!!

Mud Country

5 Year Member
Hello Folks.

I am new to Tegu Talk. My name is Sharlane and I am from Northern Alberta. I don't actually own a tegu yet, but after monthes of research, I have decided to add one to the family. Prefferably an argentine b/w. I was so excited about my decision that I have alreade built a 7 x 3 x 3 enclosure. Now to find the right tegu!! LOL. I own other reptiles including boa constrictor morphs, ball pythons, and cornsnake morphs. A green iguana, and a lepoard gecko. I also frequent the Reptiles Canada forums quite often as well. I look forward to discovering the wealth of tegu knowledge from Tegu Talk, and we'll see you on the forums!!

Sharlane

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Mud Country said:
Hello Folks.

I am new to Tegu Talk. My name is Sharlane and I am from Northern Alberta. I don't actually own a tegu yet, but after monthes of research, I have decided to add one to the family. Prefferably an argentine b/w. I was so excited about my decision that I have alreade built a 7 x 3 x 3 enclosure. Now to find the right tegu!! LOL. I own other reptiles including boa constrictor morphs, ball pythons, and cornsnake morphs. A green iguana, and a lepoard gecko. I also frequent the Reptiles Canada forums quite often as well. I look forward to discovering the wealth of tegu knowledge from Tegu Talk, and we'll see you on the forums!!

Sharlane

great to have you here. welcome to tegu talk
JD

Mud Country

5 Year Member
Thanks for the welcoming words guys. I hope to be getting an argentine b/w. A giant would be super cool, but there seems to be no canadian breeders around for any tegus at all. Hmmm, the search continues....

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WELCOME!!!

there are some members from Canada that could help you find a Tegu. Near the top of the page click on MEMBERS and PM a few.

Mud Country

5 Year Member
Thanks Dave! I'll give it a try. I see lots in pet stores, but I want to get a hold of one that I can be certain is captive bred. Who knows, maybe in the future I'll get a hold of a pair and try my hand at breeding them. I'd better not took too far ahead hey! LOL! :p

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
I had the same problem looking for my first tegu. I live in Ontario though.. Don't worry, you will find one :p

Also, Welcome!

Mud Country

5 Year Member
Hi Guys

It's been a while but I finally got my gu! Actually, My Gu is actually a couple of Gus!! LOL, I reciently adopted a couple that were being housed together for about 3 years. One is a male arg. b&w, the other is a female red. They have been doing very well together in that time, and continue to do well with each other even still. So Far.... LOL. I have had them here for three days and they haven't eaten yet. I am worried about harassing them too much to take them out and feed them, altho in my previous attempts, they havent even showed intrest in food.

In a couple of weeks I'll start working with them more. Even as adults, they are flighty (I'm guessing stressed from the move) and I'm hoping they tame down well. I believe they will. Although yesterday the big B&W chomped on my arm when I was removing him to feed. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!! I'm not sure I'f I should continue removing them to feed or just feed them in their enclosure for now. When they come out I think they may be too stressed to feed.

I'll post pics soon, and I'll keep everyone on here updated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.