• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from AR

Chance

Hi everyone. I've already posted in another forum but wanted to formally introduce myself now that I've entered the world of tegus. I recently acquired what turns out to be a probable female Extreme Giant that had originally been purchased directly from Bobby Hill. The lady who gave her to me used to breed a lot of bearded dragons but lately decided to mostly get out of the herp hobby. So I accepted what I thought was a male B&W. It's a nice surprise to find out that it's probably a female and is definitely from the Extreme Giant line!

I'm a biology and anatomy teacher at a school here in Arkansas. I've been an avid reptile admirer most of my life and have kept a number of species. I once had a stage where I wanted to keep monitors and tegus crossed my mind then, but for whatever reason I never went for it. Now that I have this big girl I'm wondering what took me so long.

I keep a wide variety of critters in my classroom. I find that it keeps the students interested, gives me a good reason to have them (as if I needed any), and is a way to illustrate some hands on biology concepts. Most of the animals I have in my classroom are handleable to some extent and as it turns out, the tegu is no exception. She has settled in very quickly to the classroom environment. Right now she's housed in a large aquarium the school owns, but over the summer I'm going to get a large water trough and keep her in there. I'm fortunate that I happen to have the largest academic classroom in the school 8)

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. I look forward to participating more on the forum. I am strongly inclined now to get a male and try my hand at breeding tegus, so I'm sure this forum will be an invaluable resource.

lilgonz

Welcome to the Tegu Family,

There are many members here that have lots of experience and are very helpful. Feel free to ask questions and someone here will be happy to respond. In the mean time, here a few links for you to read.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20</a><!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353</a><!-- l -->

Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan