• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from central new york!

TheBeerGuy

5 Year Member
I've been researching tegus and monitors in my spare time for a while, and decided I should join this forum to learn more. I have no real experience to speak of in regard to reptiles. When I was little I got an emotionally scarred iguana, who was a jerk till the day he died. I now have a happy little Greek Tortoise and have had a few pet rats over the years. I had a hairless rat in high school, and he's still the sweetest animal I have ever met. So, its funny I would be getting into carni/omni reptiles, but they seems really neat. I don't have allergies, but I hate animal hair anyway. So, having a little pit bull without hair and a long tail seems cool to me...so, this is my train of thought at the moment. I would also like to ask a question, are the b&w argentines generally the most friendly? I've read this, but am hoping for opinions based on first hand experience. :-D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WELCOME!!!!

The B&W, Blue's (variation of the B&W) & Red's are all friendly. But, as in most critters, there's always a possibility of an antisocial one in the bunch. We have adults of all 3 types and they are all mellow.

Hatching season for B&W's & Red's are normally July. The Blues hatch September/October.

(Tooting my own horn) I have a clutch of Blue's that hatched almost 2 weeks ago. Ask questions, do some research. If you're interested you could drive over and pick one up. I should have a few left next month. But take your time, a 3.5 foot lizard is nothing to jump into.

http://tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2210

http://tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980