• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from CT

mastroj

Hi everyone,

My name is John and I have been lurking for the last week or so, posted a couple times so far and figured I should introduce myself. I am a husband and father of two sons, one is almost 2 and they other is 1 month old. I also have a very full house of animals. 2 black labs, 3 cats, a bunny, some fish for my son, 2 bearded dragons, 2 uromastyx, 2 chinese water dragons, and a schneider skink. MY female bearded just laid her first fertile clutch and I am in the process of trading some of her eggs for my first argentine tegu. I have a little bit of experience with tegus. I had a columbian that I took in for mysister a few years ago. HE passed away this winter, due to a lighting issue while I was on vacation, and maybe some other underlying condition because of his limited diet (he would only eat raw egg yolks, I refused to give him the whites raw). I supplemented with vitamins and such. He looked really good all the time, and was suprisingly tame. I have put much thought into getting an argentine and have handled "my" tegu a few times already. This weekend I should be picking him up, I am very excited. Anyways thanks to everyone for putting all of this awesome information on tegus together, and for keeping the forum going.

Mastroj

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've met a couple of people on here from Bristol and a woman from another reptile forum!

Once in a while we bring a few of our critters to All Pets Club in Wallingford. We get some interesting reactions!! Most people have never seen a 3.5ft Cuban Rock Iguana or Red Tegu! We've run into Adam87 a couple of times.

mastroj

Thanks for the warm welcome. The only herp related interaction I have had is at harris in wonderland. ITs in avon and I have purchased all of my reptiles from there and have gotten a ton of awesome advice on them. Last year he had a little reptile fair there and it was pretty awesome.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We've been to Harris In Wonderland a few times too. Adam is very good. I am a member of NERA (NEW England Reptile Association) and was at the meeting last July. We brought a bunch of our reptiles, including a Blue Tegu, a couple of Cuban Rock Iguana's, a Red Tegu, etc. I'm sure I talked to you, but don't remember who. We'll probably do the same thing this July. I should bring it up.

mastroj said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. The only herp related interaction I have had is at harris in wonderland. ITs in avon and I have purchased all of my reptiles from there and have gotten a ton of awesome advice on them. Last year he had a little reptile fair there and it was pretty awesome.

mastroj

Thats awesome, I should look into nera more. Definitely mark me down as interested in going if you have the fair again, it was a blast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan