• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from IL

TJ'sHerps

Hello,
My name is Trevor. I am 20 years old. My SSN number is... Okay, we won't go that far. :mrgreen: I have been into reptiles since I was very young. I currently own 6 snakes and a Bearded Dragon. No Tegu yet, BUT someone I am going field herping with next weekend is trying to get rid of his Argentine B&W. It was an impulse purchase and he isn't that into keeping reptiles anymore. The Tegu is about 28 inches long snout to the end of the tail. I don't know how long he has had him. I am awaiting a reply from him so I can figure all of that out.

I was referred to this site by someone on Youtube. I am trying to learn as much as I can about them before I commit to taking his. I have looked around the internet and this site has the best/most info so far! I still have some stuff to learn. Mostly things like where to get gizzards and hearts. lol I have a couple Q's but I will make a new thread in a more appropriate section.

I am excited to become a Tegu owner. Even if I don't get the one from this guy, I will be getting one in the near future. :-D

See you around! :butt

-Trevor

kaa

5 Year Member
Welcome Trevor. You did indeed find the best place on the net to learn about tegus. Where in illinois are you located? i am in clinton, right in the middle of the state.

TJ'sHerps

Thanks everyone!

kaa said:
Welcome Trevor. You did indeed find the best place on the net to learn about tegus. Where in illinois are you located? i am in clinton, right in the middle of the state.

I live near Quincy, IL. I think it is about 3 hours west of Clinton.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hi trevor, welcome aboard fellow illinoisan lol! you can definately learn a lot from the people here, all you have to do is ask! hope to see a pic of a tegu from you soon :^)!!!

TJ'sHerps

reptastic said:
hi trevor, welcome aboard fellow illinoisan lol! you can definately learn a lot from the people here, all you have to do is ask! hope to see a pic of a tegu from you soon :^)!!!

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually just got a message from the guy saying that the Tegu was thin because he has him in the back room. :( "Out of sight, out of mind."
He wants to get rid of him because he feels bad for neglecting him.

I am fully prepared to take this animal. I have rescued reptiles before, some that I got back to health, and some that were too far gone. I can't let it stay there! I don't have any experience with Tegus in particular, but I am confident and know I am capable of caring for one in this condition.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Welcome to Tegutalk Trevor! If you don't get this one, we hope you will find another soon and will be posting pictures.

If you get this one and he is neglected, first thing you might do is give him a nice long warm soak.

Best of luck!

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan