• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hello from southern Minnesota

G

Hello everyone out there. Just wanted to say Hi. I have a arg b&w, the pride of my collection. No clue yet on if it is a he or a she... I am hoping a she. I have been keeping reptiles for a couple of years. right now I have my Tegu, a Columbian Boa and a Chinese Water Dragon. I hope to get a mate for this one next year and start breeding in 2 or 3 years. My vet here says that he can probe the one I have to find out the sex, I am not sure if it is a good idea or not since it is only a couple months old. Any opinions? If it is a female I plan on getting a hatchling next year other wise I hope to find a female in a couple years to start breeding.

Hope to get to know everyone!

Here is a picture of him/her.
DSC01034.jpg

G

They get mature and you can feel their [balls] just where you think you would find them .. The females don`t have have it ..

tora

If they know what they are doing it's perfectly safe to probe at pretty much any age, but the younger they are the harder it is to get an accurate 'reading'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me