• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from sunny England.

EmeraldSapphirez

5 Year Member
Hello there,

My name is Daisy and i'm from Essex in England. I keep Carpet Pythons mainly but I have a special little place in my heart for the little 2 year old Tegu I rescued the other day.

This is Diego, he's the newest member of our little family. He's had a rough start in life living in a 3ft glass aquarium in about two inches of water with no heat source or exposure to UV. He was being fed only liver! But he's a toughie and only has a little bit of MBD in his toes and a few sore patches on his belly due to being the fattie that he is! He's the naughiest little Tegu who has already dismantled the flat and broken the washing machine!

Diego lives in five star luxury now, with run of the flat whenever he wants and as much UV and heat he could ever require. His diet has improved (much to his disproval) and he's now eating roughly 70% veg/fruit and the rest bugs for the moment. When he shifts some of his fattiness he'll be treated with some lean meat and/or rodents, which apparently can't come soon enough for Diego as he keeps harassing Alvin for his sausages!

So anyways, here's some pictures of the little Angel:

Photo0080.jpg

Photo0078.jpg

Photo0076.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Daisy,...Congrats on the new Gu and welcome to the site :app . Very nice Gu you have there, it doesn't look fat to me but it does look like a female instead of a male. At 2 years old it would have jowls and 2 buttons (or spurs) on each side of its vent, under the tail. You can check for those to verify. Unless who ever you got it from lied or didn't really know how old it is.

Either way,..nice come up :mrgreen: .

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Handsome tegu! I don't think he looks fat either. I'd skip the veggies and start feeding the whole prey items immediately. Welcome to the site and best of luck with Diego!

EmeraldSapphirez

5 Year Member
Thank you for the welcomes. Diego may be a girl, lol, but his tail base is so chunky it's hard to get an accurate feel, lol.

He weighs 4kg! He's having a few locusts and mealies along with his veg and eggs so he's getting as much balance as I can give him whilst keeping him trim. The photos don't show it, but his belly drags along the floor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.