• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello I'm a newbie

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Just wanted to say hey to everyone at Tegu talk. I have 2 babies Venom and Bloo. I've been following the site and discussions for a while and recently decided to join in. Bloo is from DaveDragon's last blue tegu clutch purchased at the White Plains show. Venom is also from the same show but a different breeder....

Oh, my name is Davin... if that matters :woot

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Venom in his jacuzzi and digging up the mulch...

Attachments

• n26301222_33119668_2252.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 2
  • n26301222_32912707_4034.jpg

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Welcome aboard :roon They look great :!: My only advise is to put venom into something he can just stand normally in(sink, bathtub, rubbermaid tub) for soaking and only fill it up to his shoulders or so :!: Keep us updated with pics and stories ;)

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Thank you and thanks for your advice. I usually keep the water shallow in the tub when its bath time, and there is a mini pool in his tank, but I was using the cup for something and he scooted off my shoulder and onto the sink. He looked like he wanted to go in so bad... this is the result... the first tegu Jacuzzi :-D

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post some new pics and measure him when I get home. His sheds have been beautiful and he is getting lighter with each one.

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
semi-recent photos.... 1 month ago. Bloo just went through another shed. And will now climb on me for some love and warmth. She/He always tries to get on my head but I am trying to break that habit. It wont be so cute in a year or so with a 10+ lb tegu on my poor little head.

Attachments

• miuah.JPG
  • hey.JPG
    514 bytes · Views: 3
  • DSC00671.JPG
    514 bytes · Views: 3

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kryptonitebarz said:
semi-recent photos.... 1 month ago. Bloo just went through another shed. And will now climb on me for some love and warmth. She/He always tries to get on my head but I am trying to break that habit. It wont be so cute in a year or so with a 10+ lb tegu on my poor little head.
Looking good! He won't get to be 10+ lbs. The parents are about 4 lbs, he might get to be 6 lbs but you never know. Ours like shoulders, the male will hang out for a long time!

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Nice. I am so excited! I'm trying to get Bloo hooked on shoulders but he/she is all about the head. I'll take pics of her vent soon ( I am leaning towards her ) so maybe I can get some opinions on the gender. I'm looking forward to another blue tegu... preferably a male if Bloo turns out to be a female so I can make some sexy babies :: keepings fingers crossed for more blues this season ::

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kryptonitebarz said:
:: keepings fingers crossed for more blues this season ::
I'm hoping we get more this year. If you're planning on breeding you should get them from different parents so you're not breeding brother to sister.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
kryptonitebarz said:
:: keepings fingers crossed for more blues this season ::
I'm hoping we get more this year. If you're planning on breeding you should get them from different parents so you're not breeding brother to sister.

LOL - I was going to say that too! We don't need any inbreeding happening here!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029