• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello Tegu peeps!

mountainboomer

5 Year Member
Nice to meet everyone! I am currently waiting on my Gold Tegu right now and can't wait! My experience with this lizard started as a kid when I was given a Gold Tegu by the Oklahoma City zoo.There was a program that allowed mature kids to take sick or disabled animals home and care for them,some became better but most were beyond saving.

My Tegu was an adult at 3 ft. from head to tail and he was a sweetheart,I walked him on a leash,he slept next to me,and we pal'd around everywhere I went.I had him for about a year before he passed,I was crushed to say the least,at the time I had many snakes and lizards but Elvis was my soul while I had him.

I'm 43 now and had let my herp dream go until a few weeks ago when I was delivering dirt in my truck to a shale pit where a dozer was clearing land,he had dug up a collared lizard and didn't know it,I was in a dump truck and had pulled up to turn around,out of the corner of my eye I see the collared laying in the grass,I get out of the truck and go pick him up.

He rode under my shirt on my shoulder the whole day soaking up my body heat,I realized what my life was missing at the end of the day,a dream I had when I was young,to love and care for as many reptile friends that I possibly could.(sorry for the long story).

I've been perusing this site and I'm happy to see so many reptile lovers in the same place. I still have my collared and I picked up a neglected Beardie last night.I placed an order for an adolescent Gold Tegu a week before and now I wait for my Elvis to come back!

mountainboomer

5 Year Member
Picture189.jpg

Here's my 20" two year old Brutus the Beardie. We're having a great time together,been watching college ball all day together!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.