• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello

rausch.jp

Hello all,

New member and proud new owner of a B/W Columbian Tegu. Just wanted to say high and mention how excited I am to have this new addition to my family. I just recently purchased Bam Bam at my NARBC Expo. I was a little disappointed by some of the breeders bad mouthing the Columbian but that is for another conversation. I spotted the little guy out of about 7 other Columbians and he was just eyeballing me asking me to take him home. As this is my first Tegu I am sure I have barely scratched the surface as to all the care and rules I need in order for him to be a wonderful addition. I currently have a Rosie Boa named Cricket as well in my reptile clan so this is not my totally first round however there are a few big differences that I will be working on since my boa is a dessert reptile and Bam Bam is a tropical. Small learning curve in my opinion. So that is it for my hello. Also anyone with general info regarding substrate and habitat suggestions please look for another post I will be making for some tips and tricks to keep my little guy healthy and safe so I can insure his health and longevity. Thanks For reading. :app

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi,.. :-D Welcome to the site,.. thanks for coming, kudos on the new Gu and we're glad to have you.

We have a lot of experienced and knowledgeable members here willing to help. So when you need assistance with something feel free to ask.

Hopefully Bam Bam won't give you too much of a problem during the taming process. I know Colombians have a bad rep but they sometimes take a little more time and patience to come around.

myotis

Hello
welcome to the site. I also have a columbian as well. Let us know if you have any questions. Is your rosy a mexican rosy (black and white) or red? I really want one but no pet stores sell them. Someone tried to tell me they're illegal lmao. I guess I'll just have to hike to the Kofa mountains and bag me one. Did you get yours at rep show or in the mail?

rausch.jp

Thanks for replying guys; I may need all the help I can get however my little Gu is completely chill so far. I actually came home at lunch today and took him out and we sat in the sun for about 30 min and he just chilled on my tummy soakin up the rays. As far as ?'s please check the post I made under the Columbian teg section on the forum. It was a little long for a post reply so I created a new thread. Probably done several times but Iâ??m a nube so any help is appreciated. As far as my Rosy she is a red and unfortunately she was a gift from my step brother and he lives in Kansas so I donâ??t have any info on where she came from.

kurvaface123

Taming a columbian is possible, however it might take a bit longer than an argentine. My friend has a tame columbian that jumps right on his hand and crawls up to his shoulder whenever he puts his hand in his enclosure.

HerpDLP

5 Year Member
hello and welcome to Tegu Talk!
My Columbian Buddy is tame also.
but it did not happen over night,
it took lots of patience and persistence to gain his trust...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980