• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello!

toxxxickitten

I joined this forum to learn more about Tegus and their care. I recently picked up a Columbian B&W Tegu yesterday. I've heard they can have nasty temperaments. Thus far, he's (I'm assuming mine is a male. I don't really know.) been calm for me to handle. I handled him a little bit today and he thought he was a crested gecko. :-/ He was up on my shoulder hanging out and as I walked past a chair he decided to jump onto the chair.

I have yet to name him. Nothing has popped out at me yet. I own quite a few other critters besides him that include: 6 snakes, all boas - a bearded dragon, russian tortoise, african fat tailed gecko, giant pyxie frog, 3 chinchillas, 3 dogs, a cat, a betta fish, a hamster & a rabbit.

Here are some photos of my tegu:

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
welcome! this is a great forum everyone is extremely helpfulm feel free to ask any and all questions!

toxxxickitten

Thank you! I'm searching around and looking through all the posts currently to answer any questions I may have. If I don't find my answer I will be sure to ask. :D

Reptile_fever

Hi,nice pick!!Got one yesturday myself same kind & size...Did you get him at the expo?Just wondering i seen a girl asking about tegu care sheets & i suggested this website....just seeing if it was...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980