1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Help, Blue Tegu not growing.

Discussion in 'Blue Tegu Discussion' started by Austin Johnson, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Austin Johnson

Austin Johnson New Member

Hey guys,
    I just bought this 3 month old female blue about a week ago, I knew she was very small for her age when I bought her. I'm wondering if I should take to vet to get her checked out. Other than size, there is no other visible sympotoms of bad health.she is eating a little everyday. I'm guessing maybe she just wasn't fed everyday. She weights about 50 grams and is 12.5 inches long

Attached Files:

2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Hi- Always a good idea to take a new acquisition to a qualified vet that specializes in exotics. As for size and age, anyone's guess. Blues seem to be smaller than other Argentines. Also, the person who sold her to yiu could be wrong about her age, or not fed enough, or that's just how she is. Regardless, short days of winter mean a seasonal slowdown to some extent and so her appetite will also decrease.
    Austin Johnson likes this.
  3. Roadkill

Roadkill Active Member

Reptiles really don't need to be fed every day. Being small isn't a disease. It's a good idea to have your pets inspected by a qualified veterinarian, but a baby being small is normal.
    Austin Johnson and Walter1 like this.