• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help Me Out

Tegutalker

Hey guys I am pretty set on getting a black and white argentine tegu and I have looked up lot's of care for them but I was just wondering if I could start a baby tegu off in a large tub of some sort until he was old enough to move into his adult inclosure.

Jer723

5 Year Member
Yup, Just make sure the temps are proper and your humidity is up, maybe cover the tub with a screen and cover half, that way the humidity stays up. Hope it helps.

Jerry

Tegutalker

okay thanks allot thinking about getting a baby tegu at the mississauga reptile expo this september. Oh, and is there any important things I should know about tegus.

Jer723

5 Year Member
You can read the care sheet on this site, its very informational. Just try to find the healthiest tegu you can, dont look at price, look at quality.

Jerry

Tegutalker

Would you happen to know the average price for an argentine black and white tegu and possibly a argentine red tegu. Oh and columbian tegus are not as friendly right?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ummm you happen to be on the forums belonging to the best tegu breeder, you would be better off getting a tegu from bobby hill, that way you would know you have a healthy tegu and that its cbb and not an import. b/w's are 150 shipped, you cant be that.

Jer723

5 Year Member
An argentine Black and white in the US could run you up to 200 dollars, But i really dont know, in canada it might be a little more pricey, Dont buy a Columbian, especially if you dont know much about tegus, I strongly advise you do some more research before you buy a tegu, They really take a lot of work. Hope this helps.

Jerry

Tegutalker

I have done a ton of research on them now and know quite allot I just joined this forum today because some information from actual tegu owners just to be sure that the information I was getting is correct. In total i have probally been researching argentine tegus for over 4 months.

Jer723

5 Year Member
Ok then, no problem, just wanted to make sure you werent impulse buying, lol and as for reptastic, I dont think he can get a tegu from bobby because theyre from Canada, but that would definately be my first choice as well. Any tegu breeders up in canada? Hmmmm?

Jerry

Tegutalker

I know I have heard so many people talking about bobby hill's tegus even people not on this site, and I really wish I could get one from him, but I guess I will have to settle for what is hear in Canada. Hopefully I can find at least one breeder.

Tegutalker

Oh and I just found out that a specialty reptile store that is like 20 min from my house that I get feeders for my beardie sells argentine black n' white tegus and red tegus. As well as columbian tegus but they are not as nice i know.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
Ok then, no problem, just wanted to make sure you werent impulse buying, lol and as for reptastic, I dont think he can get a tegu from bobby because theyre from Canada, but that would definately be my first choice as well. Any tegu breeders up in canada? Hmmmm?

Jerry

oops i didnt even see that lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me