• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help me sex my tegu (Bobby?)

Waddya think, male or female?

• male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • female

• too early to tell

• Total voters

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've been gathering opinions about the gender of my young tegu and I think this is my first post here on TeguTalk. I lurk here off and on, though!

Quick intro...I have three tegus, Two Argentine B/W and one large and lovely Colombian B/W. The one is question was a prize from Varnyard's essay contest last year (thanks again, Bobby!) I just absolutely adore this little one and I'd like to find a mate for this one or my female at the August reptile show in Daytona. So, I'm leaning toward female for the one in question, but it's only 11 mos old and sort of smallish. Sometimes I think I feel small beads near the vent, but it's a REALLY squirmy lizard. The ventral pic is not the best, it's near shed and was only still for a nanosecond. I don't think it's in the correct position to really get a true view.

This tegu is 11 months old, and 22-24" long as best as I can measure.

Kreacher7-3.jpg

Kreachergirl.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is the male, note the buttons:

100_4494_.jpg

Note the female does not have these:

normal_Dark_lady_DSCF0001_1.jpg

However, judging by your picture, the legs are down. The buttons could be hidden, but looking at the side view of the tegu it looks female to me. And a pretty one I might add. :)

Also welcome to the TeguTalk community Laura!! :)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey, Angelrose, I'm getting opinions everywhere! ;)

You know, Bobby, that must explain the orange coloring on the belly. I just love that! It's a lovely tegu, great personality and a real cutie!! We've been socially her around town a bit. She did her first 'gig' at a VBS show today and it was the first time she was touched by the audience. She did pretty good...a little stage fright, but not bad. The kids thought she was 'cool' and that her tongue was 'big and awesome'! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus