• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help needed our Red Tegu is not shedding well

Letisha

5 Year Member
I have a red tegu that is having issues with shedding, previous owner says she loved fruit but we can't get her to eat more then 2 grapes. She is technically not my pet but I wanna help her as I know not shedding is dangerous, is there any suggestions you can give me so I can make everything better.
Her basking area is approx 105-110 and everywhere else 85-90
we just add a UVB light.

Thank you in advance for any help offered

hoosier

5 Year Member
youcan try soaking her or raising the humidity. also reds need fruit to help with those sheds. try mixing it up with turkey. that helped me. also try strawberries or bananas. my B&W seemed to really like those off the bat.

Letisha

5 Year Member
Soaking hasn't seem to be helping. I will definately give mixing fruit with Turkey. Now is that raw ground turkey or should I cook it. Her diet as it is right now is mainly rat pups and whatever fruit I can get her to eat. She seems to be very picky and like to be hand feed her fruit. I just bought plantains but see doesn't seem interested.

Thank you again

hoosier

5 Year Member
yes thats raw turkey. right now most tegus are hibernating and for those that have stayed up it is a slowdown period where they will eat less and seem to be more picky about what they eat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan