• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Hey everyone how is all??? Hope all is well. I was given bad news today at my job that i have to go down to florida for 4 days to finish up a project that's being built in west palm and this was told to me today at the last minute cause I'm being put on a plane tomorrow. Now what has me pissed and really worried is my tegus they don't have timers on the lights as far as heat and uv and I've been looking for a timer outlet from zoo med but nobody has it and now I'm worried. My question is can my tegus go 4 days with any of the lights and without eating as well??? There room is usually warm stays at high 70's what can or should I do??? Any help will gladly be appreciated before I leave to florida.

Jsharlan84

5 Year Member
Hey Boostfeen, as far as lighting timers, if you have any 24 hour walmarts in your area or shopping centers of that sort, you might try picking up a timer from them in the lighting or electrical section near the surge protectors. For food, I'm not sure how old your Tegus are but if they're adults and you feed them a large meal the day you leave they should be able to manage 4 days in an emergency. I sometimes will feed my Tegu kingworms and allow some to burrow into the substrate. Occasionally he will dig them up and eat them over a few days. I hope these suggestions can be of use to you.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not to worry at all, they can go four days without lights and even food. What happens in the wild when bad weather comes in, do tegus come out to feed or bask? No, and at times the weather lasts for days.

Same here where I am, we have rain that lasts for days at times, my tegus do not come out to eat or bask until the weather clears. Just leave the lights off and just make sure they have water. They will be just fine.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Thanx so much guys I was starting to freak out and get upset. Bobby thanx you are the best and I will make sure I leave them as comfortable as possble before I leave my tegus vary in age one is an adult and the other is a yearling. I can leave now with peace in mind. Hey Bobby where in florida are you located at I would love to swing by at your facility and see your adult giants if that's possible.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
Hey Bobby where in florida are you located at I would love to swing by at your facility and see your adult giants if that's possible.
He's in the panhandle, about 535 miles from where you'll be.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
BOOSTFEEN said:
Hey Bobby where in florida are you located at I would love to swing by at your facility and see your adult giants if that's possible.
He's in the panhandle, about 535 miles from where you'll be.

Yea I am only about 9-10 hours from there.

And I am glad to help BOOSTFEEN. :)

leoares27

5 Year Member
you can't ask someone to come in and feed them and light them? no good friends or fam?
have a safe trip

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:

Wow 9-10 hours I didn't know you were that far from west palm beach. So I'm guessing your more north. Well I guess one day ill have the privlage to see your awesome tegus.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
leoares27 said:
you can't ask someone to come in and feed them and light them? no good friends or fam?
have a safe trip
No most of my friends and family are afraid of reptiles and usually my wife takes care of them if I'm not around but my wife and kids are coming with me to have a mini vacation while I'm working.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
VARNYARD said:

Wow 9-10 hours I didn't know you were that far from west palm beach. So I'm guessing your more north. Well I guess one day ill have the privlage to see your awesome tegus.

Yea, Florida is a lonnnnng state and I am in the far north.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus